Candles in the Dark
Classes and Splatbooks
Classes and Splatbooks
I’m allowing the following classes and expanded option sources, with any exceptions possibly listed elsewhere:
- The PHB in its entirety
- PHB2: all classes and character options, including the generic backgrounds. Note that things such as Urban backgrounds ARE possible. There have been cities… just not many of them, and few have survived any significant length of time.
- Arcane, Divine, and Martial Power: probably allowing everything, but I haven’t read these books in complete detail, so be aware of a potential veto if I see something I wasn’t prepared for.
- The Swordmage class from the Forgotten Realms book. The Spellscarred, races, and other material are not allowed. The Dark Pact Warlock is allowed only for Elves, Eladrin, and Gnomes and Half Elves living in Eladrin or Elven societies. Just to explain, this is because I’m keeping it with the ability to bond to the dark forces at the edge of Drow territory, and I’m ruling that such forces have not become available to non-drow yet, except for those who have been at war with them for centuries. I would possibly allow feats, rituals, and Paragon paths, etc, on a case-by-case basis.
- The Artificier from Eberron is allowed only from specific territories, and tends to be a dwarven-dominated branch of magic in this world.
- Equipment from the various sources probably allowed, but note the rules of magic items below. Also, I do not like double weapons, except for the quarterstaff, so I won't be allowing any double weapons (Except for the quarterstaff, of course).
- Other sources will be ruled on a case-by-case basis, but note that if I don’t have access to the actual printed information, I probably won’t allow it. Also, I do not have a DDI account, so anything that requires access to that I probably will not allow. Eventually, I do hope to allow the psionic classes coming via the PHB 3, but since that isn't out yet, the rest is in playtest, and I don't have the details on them anyway….
- The gods of this world are the default ones listed in the core books; I might be adding a few more, but in those cases I'll introduce them as the PCs learn of them, in the campaign.
The following table lists all the character classes I'm aware of: all in the table are allowed unless it has been struck-out:
Artificer|Warlock, Sorceror||.Divine|Invoker|Paladin|Cleric|Avenger||.Martial| None|Fighter|Warlord|Ranger, Rogue||.Primal|Druid|Warden|Shaman|Barbarian||_.Psionic| Psion|None |None | Monk|